Monday, October 30, 2006

Practice #1


Steve finally got to get some laps in at the track this afternoon. He did really good - that's my stand point! Dad and Stewart kept the lap times and they were both right together. Steve's best lap was a 16.7. The top runners in the class he will be running have lap speeds of 15.8 to 16 flat. He was very happy with his speed for his first time on the track, in a car that he has never driven, and on a surface he's never raced on before! That's as technical as I can get. If anyone has anymore techno questions, you'll just have to call him!

Buzzy was great pit support. He would give Steve his drink and some animal crackers when he came in between runs! He wanted to be right in the middle of everything. He will probably be the youngest crew chief in the history of nascar! I just read that paragraph to Steve and Buzzy heard and answered "That's ME!!" He is crazy! I don't know when Steve will get to go again, but I know he probably can't wait until he does! He's in love!

I am having problems yet again uploading my pictures. I will just do one now, if I can do one!

1 comment:

mimisboys said...

Everyone sure seemed to have a good time at the track. Pappy and Stewart were quick with the stop watch, Jarrod on the tires, Buzzy with refreshments, Les with pictures and video, and MiMi with support. And Stevie of course with the car. He looks like he's in heaven, and I know the rest of the crew wish him all the luck. I think Clay is even looking forward to next spring, and we're fortunate that he lets the track be used anytime.