Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Walkin' the Wabbit

What are things that most people take for a walk?

A dog - yes.
A friend - yes.
A cat - rarely, but I have seen it done.
A rabbit - um, well, no!

That is unless you live at the Ashley household, just off Cleaton Road aka Wolf Creek Estates. We walk wabbits here. Poor little thumper was so out of breath and hot by the time we got him in the house. He's like the rest of the family; he likes A/C and he's not used to exercise!! He did like the outdoors though. It got old with Buzzy. He claimed that the wabbit was "dragging" him around the yard. I'll let the reader decide if he was stretching that one a bit!

Buzzy and I went to the Build-A-Bear store the other day. The lady made small talk with Buzzy while she filled his critter and she just happened to ask if he had any animals at home. He enthusiastically answered "Oh yeah, my family lives in the Dolittle house." I've decided to change my name to Ellie Mae Dolittle! A little Beverly Hillbilly, a little crazy animal person. Sounds fitting, huh?

4 comments:

Leanne said...

Life with kids is so great! There is never a dull moment, is it? I think the wabbit on a leash is cute! The things we do for our little ones cracks me up. I never know what Abe will have me doing next, I think that is about how you and Buzzy are!

brandy said...

Well, I guess the wabbit on a leash doesn't seem so silly looking at the picture! That wabbit is the size of a small dog! Dustin was looking at your blog last night and said, "is that a rabbit?" It was so funny!

M. French said...

U know - I love it - we've found a family that might (and that is a mighty big might) be a little more redneck than the french's. Or a close runner up anywho. Love the rabbit! Congrats on the new addition DooLittles!

mimisboys said...

Nothing like having pets when your little, only I think they are for momma as much as Buzzy!