Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Preschool Halloween party

I took this picture this morning. It's some of the buckets that I made for Buzzy's pre-school party. They don't have a "room-mother" but I volunteered to do the organizing of the party. I have loved every bit of it! I had to seal the buckets this morning and that's why they are on the front porch. I had to spray them and let them dry. I was afraid that the most obedient dog in the world would knock them off, but he didn't and I was quite surprised! He posed at just the right time for the picture. Like most little and big boys, he can be sweet when he wants to! I just realized that I didn't get a picture of the treat bags. They were so cute and they didn't have any candy in them!! They had pencils, a glowstick, a noise maker, tattooes, and a twirly flashlight thingy! The little ones are going to play musical chairs tomorrow and a pinata type game. I can't wait!!! Can you tell??

This a closeup of the bucket. Everyone in the class gets one with the pumpkin and their name on it. I did the pumpkin, but I am not quite advanced enough for the letters, so my friend and painting teacher, Regina, did the names for me! Steve and Pappy made fun of my buckets because they think they are too big. When have you ever heard of a man saying something it too big? Anyway, all I could find were itty bitty ones and these larger ones, so naturally, I went with the larger ones. Steve said they are bigger than most of the children, but I don't care. I had fun making them. I hope they ask me to do the Christmas stuff too! I just love it and I already have an idear for my Christmas project!!


This is the door going into my garage. I finally cleaned up my yard and it looks pretty darn good, if I can say so myself! Now if I can get the inside done....

4 comments:

M. French said...

OH my goodness! Look at Martha Stewart! These are very nice! U go girl!

brandy said...

Will you be our room mother? I can't wait until Tate bring stuff like this home. Don't you wait to be asked, you tell them you want to help with Christmas. Tell them your blogging buddies are waiting to see the Christmas goodie, so you just have to. :)

That pumpkin looks perfect!!! Buzzy is a lucky boy to have such a talented & willing mommy!

Leanne said...

You are so crafty girl! I think the buckets look great. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

mimisboys said...

I remember being the room mother for Les. The kids are sooo excited, especially at Christmas. All those happy little faces.