Sunday, June 29, 2008

This morning.

I have the best husband. We have been doing night duty on shifts. It is really working out good. I told him that there is no need for us both to be up. Last night, Henry and I went to bed and Steve and Buzzy went to bed. We are alternating nights with Buzzy too. He wanted me to lay down with him last night, but I told him it was Daddy's turn and he was okay with that!
Anyway, Steve got up at 5:00 to take over with Henry. He said Buzzy got up at about 7:30 and took over the recliner. Steve took this picture of his boys sleeping, kind of, together this morning! Steve never takes pictures, so I was so excited that he did!

This was after his first "bath" last night. He was not too happy while he was getting bathed, but as soon as he was wrapped in that towel, he cheered up. MiMi has been such a huge help. She hasn't stayed at night, but she's kept the laundry washed and put away and kept our bellies full. We all laughed Friday when MiMi said that to get a meal around here, you have to have a baby! She hasn't been cooking lately and we were like locust bugs eating the crops! We devoured the pork chops, fried potatoes, corn on the cob, and mac and cheese! Then we had watermelon and strawberries for dessert! She fixed sloppy joes for us yesterday and has a chocolate pie at home for tonight! I can handle having babies if it comes with a personal chef!

9 comments:

Maxed-Out-Mama said...

I really missed seeing your pregnant belly at church this morning. :-) I wish I had done things differently when Carter was born, given myself a break and allowed others to help more...ah live and learn. Your mom reminds me SO MUCH of my own mom and I know she is enjoying every minute she gets to spend with her boys.

ashleigha said...

You are very lucky to have your mom living so close. My parents and Beau's parents left when Morgan was 4 days old...Beau went back to work. It was a lot of work....There were many nights I wished that I had someone to cook us a meal, but we made it just fine. It is nice that Steven is willing to help out, Beau was deployed when Garrett was a newborn , but was wonderful at helping after Morgan was born. Glad to see everyone is settling in.

Leanne said...

That picture is precious! Aren't Mom's the best? My mom was living with us when Abe was born and it was such a blessing.

Thank you for keeping us updated. Can't wait to see you all at church and meet the new little guy. If you need anything, let me know.

LeeAnn said...

I am so happy for you! Everything seems to be going well. Buzzy seems to be handling everything quite well also. Isn't it nice to have a Mom that will cook for you? My mom has been doing the same. I think I have gained some weight! I can't wait to visit and swap baby stories!

lucas' gigi said...

My backs kinda hurting MiMi,it might feel better if there was something cooking!

mimisboys said...

I love taking care of the "4" kids. Food always seems to hit the spot with all of them. If Lucas GG doesn't get better maybe I can cook up something, or a trip to the Corner Cafe will help!

Wendy said...

I think that Lucas' family is feeling a little under the weather too. How about sending a Mimi meal this way. We all know that I didn't have a good teacher on how to cook.

Loving My Life said...

Aren't moms great!! Mom stayed 3 nights with us and then cooked two more nights and it was nice having some one to wait on us!! Wish Morgan would go out like Buzzy she wont hardly take a nap and little man wakes her up at 6 so we have long days!!

Anonymous said...

They look so peaceful! wish they could stay like this forever. enjoy them. time flys by so fast!!!! they are so precious!!!love all of u!!!!!!!!!