Thursday, June 19, 2008

University of Tennessee Chicken House

Steve's Dad built Buzzy a chicken house for his birthday. I showed him one that we liked on the internet and this is what he came up with. We started painting it on Tuesday. I learned that I HATE painting! We got all of the orange on and one side of white! It was an all afternoon project. Buzzy supervised more than he painted, which wasn't such a bad thing!


I wanted to paint it white with green trim, but since it's Buzzy's I had to let him pick the trim color. Guess what he picked. When I stood back to look at it the first thought that came to mind was how much it looked like a UT chicken house! It will be cute when we are done. Just don't know how soon that's going to be! We are going to move it to the other end of the house. Our roosters start crowing a little before 5 in the morning and they are just past mine and Steve's bedroom window. Not a good wakeup call!


4 comments:

Ninnie7157 said...

I think that is the prettiest chicken house I'v ever seen. when I was a child many years ago , we had nothing like that, if fact I think our chickens lived in trees.
The color is good. could have been Orange for Auburn (No) or red for Alabama, or Green for George Mason
University. Jana would have liked that.

Leslie said...

Dave told me that you can't have a SLUT without UT! Is he referring to me?

lucas' gigi said...

Hey,Hey,Hey What about UK blue??

Leslie said...

Should have went with blue! Are there any other colors beside blue? Don't think so!!