Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Now.. Listen to a Story 'bout a man named Jed...

Yep, those are chickens. Yep, they are on my sunporch. Pappy and MiMi took Buzzy to get the coop on Sunday and I went and got the chicks this morning. They are so sweet. This is the closest MiMi is going to get, for now, to having chickens! She has tried and tried and Pappy won't cooperate. We finally talked him into the coop, as long as it is at our house! They are bantam chickens and I can't wait until they are big enough to tell if they are roosters or hens. By then, of course, they will be outside. For all of the readers who aren't from Kentucky, look what you are missing!! Just call us the Clampetts! Steve is Jethro, I'm Ellie Mae, Mimi is Granny, and Pappy is Jed!! I guess Buzzy is one of Ellie's Mae's pet monkeys! Maybe this summer, we can get a cement pond!

8 comments:

mimisboys said...

I LOVE chickens!!!! It just runs in our blood. Mammaw would be soooo excited for us. She always had the prettiest and fatest chickens. She would fuss at Pappy when I said I wanted some.

Leanne said...

I love it! When you have enough animals for a petting zoo let us know and we will visit! ha ha I think its great!

brandy said...

THE CLAMPET PETTING ZOO, sounds great! What a brave woman to raise chickens or ROOSTERS on her sunporch....hahaha..no really.

Loving My Life said...

Haha Shane's Mom does that too!! You are brave!! Are they going to stay at your house once they are grown? Just a tip the poo is everywhere and it stinks really really bad!!! I am sure Buzzy enjoys them I know Morgan does just glad they are at the grandma's house not mine!! Hehe

Leslie said...

The chicks are only in until it warms up a bit. They are probably going to the garage next and then gradually outside. I am going to get a dog pen or something similar to put them in later on. They have a little hutch outside for when they are bigger. I think they need to have feathers before you put them out in the elements. Not sure. Just learning! My grandmother had chickens at all times and I LOVED them when I was little. That's why my Dad is so against them. He hated her chickens! He thinks they are nasty. I'm not in the chicken business for eggs and meat. I just think they are cute!

Ninnie7157 said...

Baby chicks are cute to look at ,but they make a mess.When our boys were little(long time ago)they had ducks , now ducks are a big mess.They waddle and poop, then little feet step in it.OH,
what a stink.Buzz is living the dream life, I love it.

lucas' gigi said...

WooHoo,Chickens today that P-cock can't be to far behind!!I want to be a guide when you open your petting zoo.Of course we will have to watch out for Wylie Coyote.

Loving My Life said...

Just wondering how these Chicks are doing!! ANd you and the baby! How did your test turn out?