Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas Greetings

The elf is gone, forget being nice! His cup plays "Ring of Fire" As most everyone knows, he loves Johnny Cash. Can you tell?
We got Pappy one that plays "Hit the Road Jack" and I was surprised that the batteries weren't dead when we gave it to him. Buzzy played it and played it. I knew he would love his own and that's what he wants his drink in now!


Merry Christmas to everyone that did not get a Christmas card. And that means anyone that doesn't go to our church!! Church family got cards this year and no one else did! Whoops! I had them addressed and ready to go the Friday before Christmas, which meant people might or might not get them, so to be safe, no one got them! Anyway...





We had a great Christmas. Buzzy got "just what he wanted" over and over. Steve and I weren't buying for each other and Christmas Eve morning he shows up with a STACK of presents. Not one or two, a STACK! I had gotten an XBOX for him and Buzzy, but it was ONE present compared to a STACK. I had an emotional breakdown because it brought back our first Christmas when I got him a RC Monster truck and a charger for it and he got me a STACK of presents. I panicked and thanks to MiMi, Pappy, and Heavy, Stevie was shocked with a STACK of his own!! I ended up getting him a winch for his trailer, (to pull wrecked race cars with), a parts washer, and a bar table and chairs for his garage. It's a manly Craftsman one. It will look better than his tile top kitchen table!! He got me all the girly things that I hinted around to wanting and new maternity clothes!!! Woo Hoo! I needed some stretchy pants!! We got enough Christmas money to buy me a new maternity wardrobe and Steve spent his the day or two after on new heads for his motor!! I thought he would use it for a couple sets of tires, but he said he needed heads now, not tires!! I had planned on a new rug for the living room, but those stretchy pants were way more tempting than a rug!!





We went to MIMI's on Christmas night and had such a good time watching the little men play together! Lucas and Buzzy love each other and play so well together. They got to hang out again today at a birthday party for Lucas's cousin Kaylea.





Anyway, we played musical chairs. And if you want to see adults act like children, just come to Mimi and Pappy's on Christmas night and watch when the little envelope prize for the games comes out!! Wendy knocked Aunhee in the floor, and if Stevie hadn't been injured, I think him and Gary would have ended up in the floor too! Such competitors!! Everyone that was eliminated from the game, nearly wet their pants watching the finalist swarm the chairs.

9 comments:

mimisboys said...

I just don't know about this bunch---pushing, shoving, cheating. And that was the adults! Santa did bring alot of smiles this year.

mimisboys said...

Oh, I almost forgot. I believe Lucas had as much or more fun than anyone, his little legs never had time to rest with all the chasing he got. Now its time for the old people to hibernate.

Leanne said...

I am so happy to see you post! Sounds like you all had a great Christmas.

I hear you about the stretchy pants. I had never worn them out anywhere before I got pregnant but as soon as I started pooching out here they came! I loved them.

You should post some pictures of the "big kids" playing. I would love to see them acting goofy!

Anonymous said...

Who doesn't love maternity clothes...any mother can sympathize with choosing the stretchy pants over a rug! :-)

lucas' gigi said...

Oh!!!!!I hope no one took any pictures of the adults(I use that term loosely-very loosely)at the musical chair competition.I believe there were alot of wet or nearly wet pants.It was hilarious.My poor knees sure did suffer,not to mention the jammed finger.I would have loved to have seen Stevie and Gary rumble.Next year I'm gonna bring knee pads and I'll be ready for sure.Lucas sure did his share of chasing and playing with Buzzy.They had such a good time--we all did.

Wendy said...

I don't think there were any pictures taken of the games. If there were, maybe we could show what a "wus" Gigi is. She's getting so fragile in her old age. I really enjoyed Christmas this year. There's nothing like watching 2 sweet little boys have such a great time. I thought that Lucas would fall asleep before we got to the end of the driveway, but he was so pumped up from all of the running that he stayed up a lot longer. He was asking where Mimi and Buzz went for days after Christmas. Next year will be even better with the new addition to the family. Can't wait to see him or her.

brandy said...

Sounds like your Christmas was a blast! Don't you hate the "we aren't getting each other anything" when YOU JUST KNOW that won't happen. I think Dustin and I say that every year!

I agree, there must be some pictures of the games...somewhere, umh?

M. French said...

U tell Buzzy that I love Johnny Cash too. How fun! And tell MImmy that I want one of those cups!
Good to see some pics!

brandy said...

OK...WE ARE READY TO SEE THAT BABY BUMP!!