Saturday, December 01, 2007

MIA

Thank you for all of the emails wondering where I have been. Not been anywhere but the couch lately. I had convinced myself that I wasn't pregnant anymore since I hadn't been having the pregnancy symptoms. Was a blubbering mess last Sunday, because I was sure that there wasn't going to be a baby. Went to the Dr. on Monday and since I was not far enough along to hear a heartbeat on the doppler, they did an ultrasound to make sure everything was alright. And there it was...a little body with a really strong heartbeat!!! Then the getting sick began. Got sick Monday night, twice Tuesday and Wednesday, and just once Thursday and Friday. Today I haven't been sick at all. The little stinker had a heartbeat of 170 and was measuring a week ahead of it's actual age. When I called Steve to tell him everything was alright, I also told him that it had long legs already and they told me it was going to be really tall!!! That's kind of a joke between us, because it seems everyone's Dr. tells them that but mine!! My Dr. told me Buzzy was going to be an "average size baby" and he ended up being 9 pounds, 10 oz.! There were several people that had babies before and even shortly after Buzzy that told me they were having large babies that ended up being of normal size. Not that Buzzy was a giant or anything, but he was not "average." When he was born, they passed him around between the nurses and Dr. King making bets at how much he weighed. Dr. King said he was 10 lbs. and I thought he was joking. He ended up being the closest guesser. I guess that's good since he's in charge of bringing them into the world!! I was so relieved to see that little person in there and to see that heartbeat! There have been so many sick babies born to people that I know recently, and even though I think that it doesn't bother me, I believe that subconciously it does. I told my friend K just today that I have heard of more sick babies lately, than well babies. Just seeing that strong little heart and that little body that measured a smidget bit bigger than it was supposed to be, made me feel so much better. Now, if this belly would just start growing a little! I had lost 3 pounds since the last time I weighed. I don't want to gain, but not gaining in these first 8 weeks made me feel pretty good too. Next time I go, I will probably have gained 10 pounds!! Until next time.....

9 comments:

mimisboys said...

Pappy and I can't wait for the tall, long legged little curtain climber to get here! Now we have to make room for 1 more in MiMi's bed.

brandy said...

YYYYEEEAAAHHHH! Glad to see you back! I love seeing the little "bean" pictures, it makes me so excited....and it's not even mine!

Leanne said...

I am so excited for you guys! I think the ultrasound is beautiful! Best first picture of the little bundle of joy! Keep us updated.

Ninnie7157 said...

Thank GOD for Babies, This little one will be no. 4 for GREATGRAND.
Can't wait for him or her to arrive.I love the ultrasound.

Anonymous said...

Leslie. That is so exciting. I went thru the same feeling with Kaylea. She was movin movin then I worked out in the yard ALONE all afternoon one day and I didn't feel her move. I had convinced myself something was wrong only to realize she was just beginning to calm down. I am so excited to have another little baby around. Just better you than me! ha

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see you're back! I love the journaling about your being nervous.....that makes you very human I think and definitely a mother. That is what mothers do best, worry. :-)

ashleigha said...

Glad to hear everything is ok. I had numerous scares with Morgan. Each time, I would go a week or so without lifting a finger, so afraid I would harm her. As you saw Thanksgiving, she is just fine. I cant wait for this little one to start moving around, that is the best reassurance you can have. Sending prayers your way that everything continues to go well.

M. French said...

Leslie - I love this post - this one is scrapbook worthy for sure. U are so wonderful! Girl, use this blog as your diary - I'll be coming here to read about the baby and you all the time! Print this one out!!!

Loving My Life said...

Hey Leslie, not sure you remember me or not I think we had a class with Ms. Walters together when you were in the 9th grade an I think I was in the 11th. I seen your blog on BrandyH's and just wanted to say congratulations on the baby!! We are really close in weeks...I am 16 weeks and 3 days.