Monday, August 27, 2007

CKUh-oh

Went to CKU (Creating Keepsakes University) this weekend. That's a scrapbook get-together. Had a GREAT time. It was held at Opryland Hotel and Mimi and Buzzy went with me. They left early on Saturday and I rode home with K and her mom and aunt. We took five scrapbook classes that day and got a bunch of stuff done, got a LOT of free stuff, and had a really good time. That is until...

I decided to do a "stupid human trick." You know how it is. Your friend dares you to do something and you just have to do it because, well, they said you wouldn't. Yes, I am 27, closely approaching 28, years old. Yes, I would preach to my own son not to do it. And, yes, I now realize what a STUPID idea it was. But like I said, I was dared, it had to be done.

K, Carol, Susie and I were having an ice cream break in the Delta area of Opryland. When we were finished we were headed back to the convention area and I acted like I was going to go up the down escalator. K said "You won't do it." But, yeah, I did. And after I made it to the TOP!!! I lost a step somewhere and, well, I now look like this.








Those little spots in the center of the bruise are from the little teethy things that interlock when the steps flatten out. I also got my ankle and my wrist. They just don't look quite as bad. Let's just say, I don't think I'll be trying to run up the downward moving escalator again. EVER!!!!




On a happier note, got my koi. They are so cool, just won't come to the surface. They like chilling around the filter and bothering me, because I want them to come to the surface. I am being impatient, as usual, and I know they have to get acclimated, but still, they need to get on with it!! This is five of the six of them. Haven't named all of them. I do have a Pearl. You guessed it! It's the white shiny one! How original, huh?

7 comments:

M. French said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M. French said...

OUch! Girl - that thing looks painful - I know - I've seen it in person! I know you guys had a great time at the convention. Want to see some of your scrapbooks!!

mimisboys said...

Buzzy and I had a good time Sat., Glow Golf, Build A Bear, & of course the toy store at OpryMills. We left money at each one for things he needed. Your Granny would be glad to have a fish named after her.....I think.

lucas' gigi said...

Ouch, that looks worse than it did the other night.I have heard of a fish called Wanda,but haven't heard of a fish called Mimi!I came by to see them yesterday- no one was home and I caught Shorty putting bait on his fishin' pole!!

brandy said...

The things we girls' do for scrapbooking:) Well I hope you got a whole bunch of goodies at the convention, to make up for the bad reminder of the day.

Ninnie7157 said...

OH,that must hurt a lot.Some times we do crazy things but so much fun. The fish are so pretty.
Can't wait to see all your scrapbooking STUFF.

Wendy said...

Would've loved to see your trip!!!! I know it hurt, but I bet everyone laughed. That'll teach you to act 15 again, or maybe it was 3. Everything happened when you were 3 years old. It sucks to get older, doesn't it? (I know, you'll never catch up to me.) Lucas would probably get a big kick out of your trick. Think you can try it again? I'm going to have to give you my scrapbook stuff to do for me. I think I've got 8 pages done in Lucas' baby book. I'm pathetic. Maybe someday.....