Friday, November 10, 2006

Friday


Gilligan and the Skipper went deep sea fishing today. They say they had a good time. They left early and were back when we got back from Destin.

We went by Baytowne Wharf and Destin Commons and had lunch at The Donut Hole in Destin. Yum yum! Buzzy went on and on about playing golf, so Mimi dropped us off for mini golf while she went to the Fancy Flamingo. Destin was as crowded today as it was in May, if not a little busier. School was out for Veterans Day, so that may have been some of the reason. Buzzy played at the playground at Destin Commons. He loves it. He wants to go back tomorrow, but we will probably spend our last day on the beach.

We had supper at Schooners tonight. It was pretty good, but we are going back to Scampi's tomorrow night. We have to get that last really good meal before our long drive home Sunday. Buzzy's supper was served in a frisbee tonight, and he loved that. We walked to eat, so him and Steve played frisbee on the way back to the room.

I think Buzzy knows when the race is getting ready to go off. He insisted on sitting on Steve's shoulders with 3 laps to go in the truck race tonight. I guess he was having separation anxiety from Steve! He loves his Daddy and wasn't too thrilled that Steve had left him behind today when they went fishing. He told Steve that next time, he wants to go too! Steve told him next year, he can go for sure! I wouldn't care to go myself. I would like for Mimi to go too, just to see how many different shades of green she will turn!!

As you can see, Buzzy has figured the camera taking out! He told me earlier "No taking pictures, girl." In this picture, he is winking. He likes to put his back to me. I don't think I got one decent picture today, because he either turns his head, picks his nose, winks, just anything to get me to stop! He's such a boy!

3 comments:

mimisboys said...

Destin Commons was really nice & Baytown reminded me of New Orleans. So pretty! We plan on leaving early in the morning so we don't get back so late. It has been so nice here and the weather perfect. I think its about 80 with a light breeze. Great time to come. We found an RV park at Destin like the one here, so that may be the next beach stop. See you when we get back.

Leslie said...

Mimi and I have agreed that we think we need a girls trip to Destin. Steve and Dad wouldn't mind and I know Buzzy would love to come back. It's been quite some time since Nana has been here. Maybe in the spring?

mimisboys said...

I don't think I will try for the short cut on the beach like I did Bristol! I don't know that NaNa could take us all together for that long at the beach. Wonder if she still has her bathing suit that she has on in that photo op of her on the beach in the 50's? I wish I looked like that now!