
We had the perfect last day here. Mimi, Buzzy and I played on the beach all day. We built sandcastles, hunted for shells, and walked down to the St. Andrews pier. I had to carry Buzzy half the way back and he got HEAVY!! He got "tarred!" We picked up some great shells. I remember the last time Mimi, Pappy and I went to Gulf Shores, we picked up a bunch of sand dollars. Here, there are tons of shells. There are mostly the little, pretty white shells, but every now and then you run across a nice size funky looking shell. We almost filled up Buzzy's sand bucket. It was so much fun!
We had our photo op on the beach this evening. There was a chance of rain and the clouds were rolling in. My hair was wet and Mimi and Pappy were wanting to go back to the RV, so I hurried and dried my hair and we got to the beach. Of course, Mr. congeniality looked everywhere but the camera, and it started raining on us! Steve kept saying 'That's good, we're done." I kept trying for the "perfect" picture. Finally Steve put his foot down and said "listen it's raining and the race is on!" End of photo shoot! We still ended up with four really good ones. They are going to be great for our Christmas cards!
We are leaving early in the morning so we can get home before it's too late. We aren't real comfy traveling in the RV after dark. I've got to get all of our stuff loaded so all we have to do is leave in the morning. We'll be seeing or talking to everyone later in the week. Bye for now!

3 comments:
It sure is a change from yesterday, from 80 to about 40. We really had a good time, good food, and some well needed rest. Pap said Steve enjoyed sitting with the Captain on the boat while the rest fished. Steve was a huge help to Pappy driving home-I didn't know that the RV really went as fast as the odometer registers. Its sitting out in the drive with its tongue out!
Leave it to you Dave!! It was the only white shirt he had! I can't wait to meet your girlfriend!!
Great picture!!! The photographer did a great job!!! I'm glad that you all had fun. Glad you made it home safely. Hope to see you this weekend!!!
Post a Comment