Sunday, February 28, 2010

This week...

I have been a huge slacker with my picture taking this week. I did take a few, so here are my favorites.

2-22 - Henry loves to help make up my bed. He hands my pillows to me and then jumps up on the bed to destroy my freshly made linens. Today while I was trying to capture him in action, he layed down on his belly, posed and said "Cheese." Yes another word! I think his vocabulary consists of 4 or 5 words now! He's talking more than Buzzy did at this age, but when Buzzy started, he's never stopped!

2-23 - It's naptime when Henry climbs in the recliner with two plugs - one for me, one for him - and a handful of my hair!

2-24 - Buzzy made a birthday card for Ryan's girlfriend. He was really proud of his creation!

2-25 - I love Henry's eyelashes. Both of my boys have eyelashes that little girls are going to love!

2-26 - The kindergarten has FRY words that they work on each week. At the end of kindergarten, they are supposed to have mastered the first 100. On February 5th, Buzzy's teacher sent his FRY word assessment sheet home saying he had already mastered the first 100. She included the next two units - 200 and 300. Today she sent home his practice sheet for the second hundred. He knew all of them but 5! It has taken him only a couple weeks to almost master the second unit! Next week the class will be working on unit 8, but Buzzy was sent home worksheets to practice unit 20! Yeah, I guess you could say I'm proud!

2-27 - I guess this is brag on Buzzy week! Buzzy's class has writing prompts where the teacher writes part of a sentence and then each student fills in the blank. This prompt was "If I went fishing I would catch....a shortfin mako shark. (I think I spelled that right.) Buzzy wouldn't catch a fish, turtle, or old tire. He wouldn't even catch a normal shark. He would catch the shortfin mako shark! He is such a sponge. He has soaked up all the information about the different sharks in the book that he chose at the book fair!
2-28 - I am going to attempt to create Henry & Buzzy a quilted quiet book. This could be interesting!

































2 comments:

mimisboys said...

Buzzy must be taking after me. I won the 3rd grade spelling bee! (Of course Pappy says I was in 5th grade)

Loren and Dave said...

Your munchkins are too cute! And I'm glad Buzzy can spell. It's a tragedy for someone to ask me OR Dave to spell (even though he would probably disagree, it's the truth). HA :( And the TWO pacifiers... too funny!