Sunday, February 15, 2009

What a Week...

Not only did I have one of the best weekends with my husband, but I came home to two sick kiddos. I took them to the nurse practitioner on Wednesday. Buzzy had bronchitis, Henry two ear infections. Henry continued to run fever, so I took him back to his pediatrician on Friday. We found out that he has RSV, on top of two ear infections. He has been so sick. He has always been a decent sleeper, but for the last 4 nights, that has not been the case. Last night, Steve slept with him in the recliner. When they finally got up, Henry had a 106.3 temperature. I nearly died! I called the dial-a-nurse at the pediatrician's and she sent us straight to the ER! She told me if we had any problems on the way, to stop and call 911! After blood work and chest x-rays, we find out that it's still those ears and that RSV! We have to go back to the pediatrician in the morning. Henry is fussy, but he has smiled a few times this afternoon. I hope that Mr. RSV never comes to visit us again! Or any one for that matter!

6 comments:

lucas' gigi said...

Oh my gosh,I didn't know about the double ears and RSV,I thought they were both(Buzzy & Henry) on the mend--let me know if I can help.

mimisboys said...

Buzzy is definitely on the mend. He made at least 100 laps inside my house on his scooter. Little Henry has been so sick. Say a little prayer for him and momma and daddy tonight.

Loving My Life said...

Oh poor Leslie and those boys. I am so sorry to here that they are so sick and Herny because he can't yet tell you when he is hurting. Wow 106.3 that had to be scary! Morgan has an ear infection too I think this cold ice then this warm weather has got everyone in bad health. I will be praying for your kiddos! If you need anything let me know.

ashleigha said...

Sorry to hear abou the kids, ,that RSV is horrible. My cousin had it when he was 7 weeks old!!! Hope they feel better soon.

Ninnie7157 said...

My prayers are with you, sure hope tomorrow is a better day , wish I could help. Many prayers are coming your way from Turkeytown.

Leanne said...

Praying for you all. I can't imagine having a baby with a fever like that.