Anyone that is not familiar with Nascar may want to skip this post!
This was at Nashville in 2006. I tracked Carl down to have my picture taken with him for K. When Steve was still working for Brewco, it would drive him crazy when people acted goofy over the drivers. He says that he never said this to me, but I would have never made it up on my own, but...I was acting like that at a race during our courting days and he told me to quit acting like a "race fan." He said it jokingly of course, but he really wanted me to stop! He no longer worked for Brewco when this picture was taken and I was desperate for the picture. He stayed at the RV with my parents and Buzzy while my cousin Tammy helped me act like a "race fan" one last time!
I LOVE Carl Edwards. As a matter of fact, if I had been thinking clearly, I would have named Henry - Carl Edward Ashley. Until this weekend I wasn't completely sure why I loved him so much, other than his outstanding backflips. But then, Saturday night it became crystal clear why Carl is my soulmate and could be the only man that Steve should ever feel threatened by.
I despise the Busch brothers like Steve despises the Bodine family. Don't like Kurt Busch, but Kyle is not only unappealing to the eyes, he has the cockiness of my little banty rooster who is named after someone that I am not disclosing on this site. (Some of you know who I am talking about, don't you???) Kyle Busch just thinks he's tough s**t. He is a good driver, don't get me wrong, and has won lots of races this year, but his attitude and confidence in himself absolutely kills any appeal that he could ever exude....
Anyway, Carl bumped him out of the way and won the race at Bristol! Little Kyle didn't like it and roughed up Carl's car on the way back around the track and Carl retaliated and spun the punk out! I went wild! Steve thinks I'm mentally challenged anyway when it comes to my extreme dislike of Kyle Busch. Not only did Carl spin him out after the race, he said he bumped him on purpose during the race, and he didn't apologize for it!! I love it!
So Mr. Lear, what about the sissy driver now?

5 comments:
Carl is a cutie too...just look at those eyes. I am right there with you on the Busch Brothers, cant stand them, cant stand to look at them!!!! We were all a little too excited after that race too. I like the picture too,
I have to agree also on the Busch Bros., but, Jr. is still my pick with Carl next. He should have went to the Olympics and flipped in the gymnastics.
I kind of got excited watching the end of the race too. At least Carl said that he meant to do it. I don't like the Busch boys either. Dale Jr. is still my fave. I don't think that Steve has anything to worry about. I'll bet that Carl has girls lined up as far as he can see.
I thought about you and Carl on Sat. night when he did that to that UGLY old Busch boy,by the way I got a little x-cited about it to!He moved up in my ranking,but I'm still a Jr.fan first.
I wish every weekend that either Carl or Jr. would win. They are my two favorites!
Post a Comment