Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Bathing Beauties


I took Buzzy and Chandler to the Greevville pool on Monday. Buzzy had his little heart set on swimming lessons, but we waited too late in the summer to try to sign up. We went to the park first and had a picnic. We had ham sandwiches and chocolate chip cookies. Chandler is Buzzy's favorite friend. He loves her! He was so excited when I told him that she was going to go swimming with us!







They played in the big pool most of the time, but I was always with them, so the only good pictures I got of them was when they were in the kiddie pool! They had shark fights and for some reason, those sharks kept getting after my toes!! The pool had a ten minute pool check, 10 minutes before each hour. We used that ten minutes to go get hot at the park, have a cookie break, and then head back to the pool. Chandler had Buzzy floating out away from the ladder and she even talked him into taking his life jacket off! I was so proud. I think she should be a swimming instructor at the age of 6!! I think he really needed a friend around his age to help with the water confidence. He was doing so good by the time we left. He got whiney - the HUGE difference between the 4 and 6 year olds - but promised that he wasn't tired, but......

this was the look before we even got to Chandler's house!! He was beat. She thought it was funny when I reminded her that he wasn't sleepy!! It was such a fun day! I only wish that we had started it sooner. She starts school on Thursday. Buzzy won't have a swimming friend, just Momma. I hope I will do!

2 comments:

mimisboys said...

Buzzy told me all about his swimming day with Chandler and momma. They had a really good time at Church at the Luau also. She had on her grass skirt and bikini top, he his Hawaiian shirt and shorts----too cute! Could turn out to be a Stewart and Chandra (older woman, younger man).

Ninnie7157 said...

OH! what memories ,that buzz is going to be a heart breaker. Chandler is so pretty ,he has an eye for beauty.I'm so glad he likes to swim