
After a late start - thanks to me-, a traffic jam, and a shady host at the barn, Kara, Carol, Susie, Diane, and I (and the other 5 women that we didn't know)had a disastrous Scrapbook Retreat. That's not mentioning the building inspector or deputy that came and condemned the building about 30 minutes after we arrived. We weren't complaining! They were definately guardian angels sent to protect us! Driving back home didn't bother me. If we hadn't been so far, I would have went home anyway. We had driven about 3 1/2 or 4 hours. There was a group of 3 that had driven 3 hours, and the other two were from Indianapolis. They said it was about 45 minutes.

Anyway...when we arrived, the man was in a great hurry to get us unloaded and our cars moved. He was taking the cars and parking them at a different location. Of course I had to be hard to get along with, as usual. I told him that I wanted my truck where I could get to my phone charger, which was the truth. THat's the only charger I have for my phone. He was insistent that I keep my truck on the little road directly behind the barn. Of course I didn't listen and I parked beside it. When I came up the porch on the back, through the garbage, to the front door, that was locked, I just felt a little uneasy. I went upstairs to Kara and told her that something wasn't right. We talked a little and she went downstairs to wash her hands and came right back up. She had a funny look on her face and informed me that the police were downstairs.

In just a few minutes, the door opened and in came the deputy, building inspector, and another lady from the county planning something or other. THey informed us that the building was not safe and that we needed to get loaded and out ASAP. I was wanting to dance and sing! Come to find out, this dude's barn had been condemned before and he had opened it back up, without permission, one other time before. He was in deep poopy! He had hid his red paper that said the building was condemned, but he had hung up another red paper saying that the retreat had been moved. We left and went the wrong way, but when we drove back by, they had strung the yellow, Do Not Cross, tape around the front of the building. They told us that the man and his wife had divorced and she was the one that started the retreat. He has it now and he was running it in the ground. That said he was a shady character and if he tried to contact any of us, to have NOTHING to do with him. Is that a guardian angel or what???
I ended up going to Bowling Green and got to the track just a few laps before Stevie went onto the track. Barely made it, but I was sooooo glad to see my boys! We went to the park on Saturday and it was soooo HOT. Buzzy still isn't 100% from his mono. We rested on Sunday. We all needed it. Today is Aunty K's birthday!!! She's FINALLY 27! Old fart!

5 comments:
I always thought those scrapbook ladies were a wild bunch, now I know for sure.At least you took more pictures for your next scrapbook!!
I was glad she came back, not to safe anymore to go off somewhere you don't know alot about. I know the 2 Ashley boys were glad momma was home, especially the older one.
Wow, what a weekend. I hear that the retreat at Barren River is very nice and definitely on the up and up. A little closer to home too. How did you hear about that place? Where was it?
Well , You can't say a good time was had by all.That was some more trip. so glad you are safe and home.Just can't tell anymore about people. you got to see a good race.
I LOVE IT. THAT SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING I WOULD DO. LIKE ALL GOOD SCRAPERS YOU HAD YOUR CAMERA,BECAUSE THAT STORY IS HARD TO BELIEVE. JUST THINK OF THE GREAT PAGE IT WILL MAKE IN YOUR SCRAPEBOOK.I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT IT BUT RACING IS SAFER THAN SCRAPBOOKING.
Post a Comment