Monday, June 28, 2010

Two Birthdays and a Vacation

June has been an extremely busy month for me. We have had two birthdays, a vacation, a Father's Day Supper, and a fish pond installation! The order was Buzzy's birthday, Florida vacation, Father's Day Supper, Fish pond installation and then Henry's birthday party. My pictures are in every order but the right order but at least I'm posting, right?

MiMi and Pappy joined us in Florida four days after we arrived. Our time together there was short, but we had a wonderful time anyway. This was the first vacation that we have went on with my parents in several years. Vacationing with two children was quite a different experience for my parents.

Buzzy spent as much time as possible in the ocean or on the beach.
"Mom," he said to me while we were swimming together. "The beach is the place to be during summer break." I totally agreed!
Henry loves a good sandbox, so we thought the beach would be heavenly for him. His reaction wasn't near what we were expecting! He was fine with his swimming shoes on, but he did not like all that sand on him! By the end of our trip, he had finally started playing with Buzzy in the sand!

Buzzy had a birthday party with just family this year. As long as there were presents, he was happy!


Steve's parents and grandmother were able to attend Buzzy's party, as well as my family.



Henry's party was after we came back from Florida. We had it at the lake house. Henry had been under the weather and didn't smile or act interested in anything birthday related. That is, until the candles came out!





He loved those candles!




Henry was not interested in presents when he had a big crowd watching him. NaNa took him to the basement and he opened everything while just a couple of us were watching.







The Tuesday after Father's Day, I had supper for Steve, my dad, and my papaw. We had home-made stuffed peppers, mac & cheese, corn, baby lima beans, mashed potatoes and pie! It was yummy, if I do say so myself. MiMi brought the potatoes and NaNa the pies. I didn't want to take all of the credit!







3 comments:

Wendy said...

We had a really good time at both parties. I hope Henry is feeling better. I love seeing NaNa with her boys. They are all crazy about her. We'll have to get together again soon.

mimisboys said...

I say after all of this activity, its time for a vacation! Think I'll start planning.

Lauren Newman said...

Looks like you all had a good time, and I just love your family. You all are always doing something fun.