This past Friday was the annual Fall Festial at Buzzy's school. Each class could make a pumpkin for the penny vote contest. I asked Buzzy's teacher if they had a pumpkin and if not, if she wanted me to do one for the class. She told me to do whatever I wanted, so I went right to work researching the internet for ideas. I found two that I really liked. I emailed each one to her and we decided to do the catepillar. The catepillar would allow each child the chance to participate in the creation of the class pumpkin. Each child had a mini pumpkin from their trip to Lost Valley Farm. I took my paint from painting class and let them paint away! They were so excited to get to paint and watch as I created their masterpiece! Parents were able to place votes by donating money. Each penny donated counted as one vote. I haven't heard the final"vote" count, but our pumpkin brought $56.00 in the auction! At the end of the Fall Festival, the pumpkins were auctioned off. That money then goes toward their total votes. The top two winning classes will win a swimming party at the new community fitness center. They wanted to win the contest and I sure hope they do!

8 comments:
Very Cute!
I LOVE it! You are such a great "room mother" is that what your called???
If I know anything about my family I am betting that somebody might have been stuffing ballots. I bet if you looked through Steven and Leslie's house as well as Leslies's mom and dads house there would be very few pennies laying around. I also see that catepillar pumpkin being bought by the author of this blog.
I hope they won too. I know Buzzy would love a swimming party with his class. Maybe Coopers class will win, then they can have a good time.
For your info, Mr. Ashley, I did not buy it and my parents weren't at the fall festival to "vote."! I am anxious to find out tomorrow who won the swimming party!
Looks like I know who to go to when Lucas' room needs a room mother. You're great at it. I love teh catepillar!!!!
Wow! Didn't know this was your master mind at work. We voted on this one and two others. Good Luck!!!!
That was a great pumpkin Catepillar,
You did a very good job. You should win.
Post a Comment