Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Rookie League

I once said that I dreaded having children that would play baseball. It seemed that games were always sweltering hot or frigid cold, dusty, and way too long. My opinion has changed now that my child is the one playing!
Buzzy started Rookie League this fall and he loves it! He is playing with the Greenville League. As far as I know his friend Cooper and one other boy are the only one's from CC that signed up. For those of you that don't know, Rookie League is what they play between T-ball and Little League. They use a pitching machine instead of a pitcher.
He was a bit nervous. When I saw the crowd that had turned out to watch, I was nervous for him. His first trip to the plate was a success with a single hit. His second trip he struck out. He needed a bathroom break and on our way, he told me that he had gotten out. I told him that it happens all the time and to just try real hard the next time. He ended up with a total of 3 hits and only one strike-out! We were so proud of him! He has improved so much in just two short weeks. Pappy told us he wasn't sure if he got more nervous over Steve's races or Buzzy's games!

His very first trip to the plate!




Run, run, run!


Henry's just too cool!



He's growing up way too fast.





4 comments:

Leanne said...

So sweet. He does look like he is getting so big, so fast. I know you are proud of him!!

Glad to see a new post!!

Ninnie7157 said...

Buzz is all PRO. and Henry has it ALL. Way To Go.

mimisboys said...

I have never saw a child have as much fun as Buzzy is having. I know he sure has a proud MiMi and Pappy. I also noticed a very proud Momma and Daddy cheering him on also.

lucas' gigi said...

We gotta come and see this future allstar play!