Thursday, February 21, 2008

We have a Name....

Our new baby's name is Jack Henry. And if there is a nickname, it has to be Buster. That is the only one that we will accept. Ok, now I know you want to know why on all of the names. Jack, of course, is after Jackie Lee, my dad. Henry is after my grandfather who's name was James Henry, and his father who's name was Henry Franklin. My grandfather was known, like Buzzy, by his nickname - Buster. I did not know my grandfather, because he passed away before I was born. I feel like I did know him, because I have been told so many stories about him from not only my parents, but so many family members and even people that were not kin to him. He was a very well liked person and I have never heard one negative thing about him. My Mamaw used to always tell me how much he would have loved me because he loved children, but especially little girls. Me and one other cousin, I think, are the only ones that didn't get to know him. He always gave nicknames to his grandchildren too. Steve and I decided last night on the name because we were afraid that MiMi would come up with a silly nickname that would stick. I give her credit, she has been trying hard, but luckily nothing has stuck. We feel safer giving him a name ahead of time, this time!

8 comments:

lucas' gigi said...

I always liked the older names from way back.I think Jack Henry is a wonderful name.You get the mix of all the people who mean so much to you.Just like Buzzy,Buster will suit him to a "T"if we end up calling him that. MiMi and Pappy have been thinking awfully hard, but I think you all did a good job!

brandy said...

I LOVE THE NAME JACK! Believe it or not, it was on my list of baby names, but it means so much more whenever their is a story behind it. It will be great! Are we to call him just Jack or Jack Henry? Whenever we are being formal, of course:)

Now, it may be hard for me to find an ornament bell for Buster. Hope he won't get jealous of Buzzy's bee!

brandy said...

We need a baby bump update. When is the due date exactly?

Leanne said...

I love Jack Henry too! Abe will love the nickname Buster. He is in pretend world right now and he calls Chad "Buster"!!!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love Jack and Jack Henry is so cool! And, of course, if Buster sticks, then I want to know what kind of Buster he will be...a belly buster, a budget buster, a bedtime buster...oh the possibilities! No, just kidding, I think it's fantastic. If you buy him Buster Brown shoes, he'll be like Carter and think he has his own line. :-)

Leslie said...

Buzzy added MythBuster to lisa's list. It's one of his favorite shows right now. Mimi add GhostBuster. Evan was a name that everyone but Steve liked. His middle name is Evan, but he flat out refused to use it. I was telling someone about it today and Buzzy decided that Jack Henry was too close to Pappy's name and he wants to name the baby Evan Almighty! He even practiced hollering for him, hands cupped to his mouth and all!!

mimisboys said...

What a wonderful name for our next grandson! Buster was a very, very well thought of man. He had a big heart with everyone. Can't wait for the next Buster!!

Loving My Life said...

I love it Leslie and we try to add meaning to the names too. I Like the nickname as well!! You guys are so much more ahead then we are and we don't have as long to go!!!