My Mother isn't someone that gets excited easily. So...for her to call Steve on his cell phone (something she never does), ask him to come to her house now (something else she would never do), and bring something to cut thread (huh?) means something isn't right. Well add into the equation a little boy named Buzzy and things begin to make sense.
Buzzy had to play with her thread today. She told him not to wrap it around his finger too tight, so what does he do? Wraps as much as he can, as tight as he can around his finger. MiMi stayed calm, but she wasn't far from panic. His finger was a nice shade of lilac.
Steve had to use his razor blade pocket knife to cut a little away at a time.
Buzzy was cooperative, which is shocking.
Once the thread was off, he decided his finger was hot. He had to cool it in the freezer.
Thank goodness the color gradually came back. Boys! And I'm going to have two! I am living the opposite life that my Dad did. He was always in a house of girls; me, mom, and every animal we ever had (with the exception of horses) were female. Now I live in a house that has all males; Steve, Buzzy, new baby, hamster, dog, and rabbit. Something doesn't seem right here. As K would say...Way too much testosterone!

6 comments:
That is a lilac color! Aaah, Les, we will be praying for you, when your other boy arrives..haha:)
I'm sure that Lucas will eventually do things like that. These little boys have "enormous" imaginations.
Don't ya just love what these boys get into! I am proud of your Mom for remaining calm.
Buzzy is so cute!
Oh my I would have been calling 911!! I am a dork but I would said I think her finger is falling off its purple!! Grandma's are so much better at the mishaps!!!
When I found the almost empty spool, I knew who to look for. He was building another contraption using his scooter, tape, thread, and a birdcage. ?.... Oh well, Stevie is the surgeon in this family.
Having had two boys I would say that you might have more things like this to happen, So happy it all ended well.
Post a Comment