This picture says it all!!!
Slow and down are words that I have never heard coming out of Steve's mouth together. I heard it this afternoon. Buzzy finally got the 4-wheeler that we have been promising since last June. We took him last week and looked, but didn't find what we were looking for. Mimi and Pappy took him today and, of course, Pappy found just what Buzzy needed!! It's his early birthday present. We were going to get him one for his birthday last year, but I convinced the men to wait until Christmas. Christmas came and I convinced them to wait for the birthday. Well, I went to church this evening and when I pulled into the driveway, he was making laps around the house...BY HIMSELF!!!! Steve had had all the riding he could stand. Steve isn't a good passenger with his son. I just need to say "like father, like son." Buzzy has two speeds...wide open and stop. Nothing in between. He would come FLYING through the backyard and down the driveway, gaining speed by the second. That's when the phrase that I have never heard before was blurted from Stevie's mouth. "SLOW DOWN." Buzzy slid to a stop and proceded to show me, step by step, how to restart his "Speed Buggy" and I knew right then and there that he was no longer a baby. He is officially a boy. Not a "little" boy or a "baby" boy, but a true, red-blooded, thrill-seeking, pedal-to-the-metal, bring-it-on kind of boy. It absolutely scared me to death. Right then and there I realized that Steve's work is just beginning. I had to giggle. Steve has met his match. It's good, real good!!
This was after Buzzy had ran over one of the supports for his swing set. Broke it. Splintered wood hanging from the side of the swing. Buzzy defending, Steve explaining a tree won't break like a board, be careful, slow down, what are we going to do now.
Buzzy said "oh daddy, we can fix it." We went to look at the damage, buzzy picked up the wood and said "this'll make good fire wood." Such and optimist! Pray. Pray hard for us. I'm already having second thoughts.

No comments:
Post a Comment