Sunday, November 08, 2009

Cruise

Steve & I have made it home from our trip to Jamaica and Grand Cayman. We had a wonderful time. Buzzy wants us to take just him on a cruise! He said when Henry is older he can go too, but for now there is just too much that he would keep us from doing. Isn't he rotten??



Steve on our balcony as we are leaving the Port of Miami



Me on the deck as we leave Miami


I bought a water camera for our trip to Dunn's River falls. I took a whole roll while we were there and was so excited about getting the film developed. Of course, I didn't wind the film back before I opened the camera. I am lucky that I got the two pictures that I did get. I wanted to cry, but anyway this is us somewhere in the waterfall. It was so much fun. Buzzy would have loved it and we are going to take him back.



Steve snuck off from me and I caught him holding hands with this blond in a string bikini. Doesn't he look guilty??




Sunrise in Grand Cayman. We were up every morning that we were in port by 6:30 at the latest. That was 5:30 central time! We slept in everyday when we were on our honeymoon and missed out on so much. We swore that we were not going to do that on this trip. We didn't and we were so glad for it.





Steve & I on the boat ride to Sting Ray city.








That's a sting ray! They would swim right up to you. They like to be held. It was the weirdest thing! Steve held one forever. I liked rubbing it's belly. It was so soft and they were just as happy as could be laying in your arms.







I told Pappy that this was the kind of flower planters that I am putting at the lake house. He didn't like the idea!








Our ship the Carnival Destiny









Steve's turtle taking flight! We went to the Turtle Farm in Grand Cayman. They raise sea turtles to be released back into the wild. We could pick them up and hold them. They flapped their little "arms" like crazy until you turned them to where they couldn't see the water. They would calm right down. If they didn't, you were to gently scratch their necks. They were the sweetest little things. When we got home, the first thing Buzzy wanted to know was if we had brought him a turtle! He wants to go back, like tomorrow.










My turtle taking flight!











Steve at what is called Hell. This is black coral - I think- that came up out of the sea when the islands were formed way back when. They weren't sure why it was named this but it was either because someone said it looked like Hell or someone shot a bird and it flew in there and they said to Hell with it. Something like that! They had a post office there that people could send mail postmarked Hell.












This guy dove off of our boat and brought up this pretty starfish. You could see them down in the water from the boat. It was amazing how clear the water was.













At the rum cake factory.














The shopping part of Grand Cayman. Can you say lots of jewelry? Heaven for people that love jewelry!
















Snorkeling in Jamaica. Steve was holding a Bob Marley sea urchin! We had never snorkeled before and we will for sure do this every time we go somewhere from now on!
















The beach at Dolphin cove where we snorkeled. It was cloudy while we were there, but we could tell it was still beautiful. We loved Jamaica.
















Margaritaville in Jamaica was WILD!!!! That's all I'm saying!






































The walkway through the jungle like landscape to the beach at Dolphin Cove. It was so neat. Reminded me of Swiss Family Robinson.





















Our towel animals greeted us every night. I couldn't stand to tear them apart. I would squeal every time that I saw one and of course take it's picture. Steve thought I had lost my mind!





















10 comments:

Ninnie7157 said...

How beautiful. I see why you liked it so The pictures are great.
Buzz would have a ball.Glad you two enjoyed it.

Ninnie7157 said...

How beautiful. I see why you liked it so The pictures are great.
Buzz would have a ball.Glad you two enjoyed it.

Ninnie7157 said...

How beautiful. I see why you liked it so The pictures are great.
Buzz would have a ball.Glad you two enjoyed it.

ashleigha said...

Glad yall had a great time! It is nice to "get away" every once in a while:)

Wendy said...

Did the towel animals bring back memories from your childhood? I'm sure that Buzzy would love a cruise and I know that Henry will when he's older. You loved them when you were little. We LOVE the Carribbean. We definitely want to take Lucas when he is old enough to do some things and not scared of water. The water is so clear and blue!!!!

lucas' gigi said...

Towel critters,I remember those.Maybe me and MiMi will have those on our beds in Chicago when we go in Dec.Better the towel kind than the real kind!!!!

mimisboys said...

I also remember those "designs" they made when we went. I've never been able to make them like they did. Buzzy is looking sooo forward to when he gets to go. He invited me and Pappy, and also said we need to start all living together!That could be interesting.

Leslie said...

Remember Buzzy has had fever. I think maybe he's been delirious! His idea of vacationing together is good, living together, not so good! Steve might leave us all!

Kecia said...

Looks like you had a great time! Beautiful places. You look so much like you mom with the new bangs! Enjoyed the pics. BTW, I loved your pumpkin caterpillar!!!

Lauren Newman said...

We went on a cruise about 2 years ago and LOVED it. It looks like you did too. I cannot wait to go on another and take Landon. Looking at your pictures made me want to be there too.