I am LUVIN' this painting stuff. I have gone paint crazy. I like it maybe a smidget better than scrapbooking - Sorry K & Carol! I still am going to scrapbook, I just am going to save it for when i get together with my scissor sisters. Our church is supposed to be having a Scrapbook Day one Saturday a month, so I will get bunches done on those days...hopefully!
Mom and I saw a brush box at our class the other night. They make them in the more advanced classes, so we were all about finding a box to paint for our brushes. Well...of course, they don't make the boxes anymore. I found these cute little remote holders at Hobby Lobby. They have a lazy suzanne on the bottom and I called it a brush box!! I painted one for myself (see below) and was so excited that I painted Mom's for her too. Her's turned out much better than mine. The more I practice the better I get. I know by the end of my beginner class, I will definately be having stuff published in art magazines!!! Doesn't hurt to dream!!
This was the very first thing that I painted after my first class. I am going to redo Buzz Ashley's bathroom. I have already hung his new shower curtain and he has a cute little lion rug. I painted these little pics to hang over his potty. I was really proud of them. IF I get really confident, I am going to paint a giraffe on his wall. Notice the "if" is in all caps!!!
This is my little brush box. It's okay, but I like Mom's a lot better. I might have to redo it. I think it would also work good for scrapbook stuff.
Like I said, I am LUVIN' this painting. We are doing bird houses this week and next week, we are painting on ceramic tiles. I will post all my projects!!

4 comments:
I really like this painting too!I finally found something I like besides cooking and outside work. Sewing curtains isn't bad either. Buzzy likes to do the embroidery with me on the sewing machine. I think he just likes trying to figure how the machine works. I hope I can be half as good as Regina is painting when we get to the winter things. I love everything she has in her shop.
Wow, if you're painting on walls now and Cathy is sewing curtains and embroidering, Boy do I have a lot of projects for both of you when you get bored!!!!I love the paintings for Buzz's bathroom!!!
We aren't cheap, so get your pocket book ready!!
Your painting is great!!! I feel abandoned on the scrapbooking!!!! I bought a Cricut yesterday at Hobby Lobby. It's so neat.
Keep posting. I love seeing all the pictures.
Post a Comment